- IT Service & Architecture
- 123 (Registered)
|ITIL Service Capability – Release, Control & Validation||August:
|ITIL Service Capability – Release, Control & Validation||September:
|ITIL Service Capability – Release, Control & Validation||October:
ITIL® Service Capability – Release, Control & Validation: This course provides in-depth coverage of the processes and tools that support the transition of services and service components. In scope processes are Change Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Request Fulfillment, Change Evaluation and Knowledge Management. Implementation and technology considerations are discussed in depth. The course prepares attendees for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Release, Control and Validation (RCV) Certificate, module that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate.
Introduction to release, control and validation (RCV)
Service asset and configuration management (SACM)
Service validation and testing (SVT)
Release and deployment management (RDM)
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or other appropriate earlier ITIL and bridge qualifications).
- A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable.
- Undertake at least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution), as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
Who Should take this course ?
- Chief information officers (CIOs), Chief technology officers (CTOs), Managers, Supervisory staff, Team leaders, Service designers.
- IT architects, IT planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers.
- ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of transition activities within the service lifecycle.
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL service transition stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and of how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, a service transition environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules.
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
What is the Course objectives?
- The importance of IT security and its contributions to ITIL release, control and validation.
- Capacity management as a capability to realize successful service design.
- Service validation and testing as a capability to ensure the integrity and the quality of service transition.
- Service asset and configuration management as a capability to monitor the state of service transition
Recommended next courses ?Courses from the Lifecycle or Capability streams leading to the ITIL Expert qualification.
Professional benefits ?The following credits are available for this course:
- 5 credits towards ITIL Expert certification
- 36 PDUs on Business & Strategy
- Firm Course Dates & Times
- Innovative Approach
- Fastest Turnaround
- Proven Results
- Tips and tricks to pass the exam
- 100% Money Back Guarantee